Tired of Moldy Teething Toys? 5 Reasons why the Yummy Mitt Teething Mitten won't Mold! 3
Moldy Teething Toy Scare!!
In recent months, there have been several reports of molds found in teethers and many other baby products. This has obviously and for great reason raised an alarm for parents in making a more educated and conscious decision when they purchase products for their little ones.
We have seen the blame passed to companies for manufacturing and selling toxic and unsafe products that may produce molds as well as the blamed passed to Parents for not following the care instructions for the products.
Being both Parents and manufacturers of baby goods, we understand both sides. From a parent perspective, this makes us even more passionate to produce and sell products that are safe for every baby/toddler that ends up using our products. Thus having all our products go through rigorous safety testing has to ensure we provide well-made and safe eco-friendly products. Giving parents one less thing to worry about.
From a manufacturer perspective even though we provide safe products to our customers, often times the instructions to care for the product is overlooked. I cannot tell you how many emails we have received asking how to wash the Yummy Mitt Teething Mitten, even though the care instructions is provided on the packaging. However, we get it! Parents tend to get excited when they receive their products and some have admitted to just tossing out the packaging right away. How do I know? I have done it on several purchases, and then have to visit the company’s website. So we are always happy to provide this information when asked, we totally get how hectic being a parent can be.
What is Mold?
Mold is a fungus that grows in the form of multicellular filaments called hyphae. In contrast, fungi that can adopt a single-celled growth habit are called yeasts.
In short and in parent’s terminology, Mold is yucky to look at and even worst to think about our Precious little babies chewing on, drinking from, bathing with and the list goes on! Moisture in an enclosed space can cause mold to grow
The good news is while the mold looks yucky and is distressful, for most healthy kids the mold itself does not pose a bad health effect. However, repeat exposure to mold can increase a child’s risk of developing asthma later in life among other things. We are here to prevent molds all together with quality made teethers and all our products.
5 Reasons why the Yummy Mitt won't Mold.
1. Made from 100% Food Grade Silicone
- Composed of silicone and oxygen atoms - the second-most abundant element in the earth's crust
- Doesn't support the growth of fungus, mold or bacteria
- Odor and stain resistant
- Long lasting (bendable and flexible and doesn't fade, corrode or deteriorate)
- More eco-friendly than plastic
2. Made from 100% Cotton
- Absorbs excessive saliva
- Easy to clean
- A non-toxic material not mixed with materials you cannot pronounce!
- Fast dry
3. Free of BPA, Latex, PVC, Lead and phthalates
4. Machine Washable
- Convenient for parents on the go to wash & dry along with babies clothes
- Laundry Bag provided for washing and storage
- Can toss in the dryer to prevent moisture build up
5. No detachable parts to cause choking or hidden molding
- No small or hidden parts to store mold
These are the five key reasons you will not have to worry about the Yummy Mitt® Teething Mitten molding when you purchase from us or any of our teethers. We recommend Parents research carefully prior to purchasing products. Follow care instructions. Keep toys out of wet or damp conditions as much as possible, regularly clean, sterilize the exterior of toys, and aim to put machine-washable toys in the washer about once a month to remove mold and other health hazards that might cling to the surface. Many baby toys can be washed in your dishwasher or boiled in hot water, or you can soak them in warm water and white vinegar for an hour.
Store your Yummy Mitt in wash bag when not in use or while traveling.
Leave us a comment below!